SOME OF THE MANY SERVICES WE PROVIDE:
- Affordable Housing Compliance Consulting for Local, State and Federal Program Requirements
Resident Move-in and Recertification File Review and Approvals for:
- Low-Income Housing Credit/PAB
- Average income Set-Aside Lease-ups
- Project Based Section 8
- FDIC’s Affordable Housing Program (AHP)
- Rural Development
- On-Site Lease-Up Oversight and Assistance for New Construction and the 120-Day Qualification Process for Acquisition Rehab Properties
- Lease-up Tracking and Reporting
- Annual Online Compliance Reporting to both State Agencies and Investors & Syndicators
- Programmatic Fraud Assessments (Resident and Management)
- Affordable Housing Program Technical Assistance
- Operational Efficiency Consulting
- Section 8 Contract Renewal and Rent Increase Assistance
- Management team or company Restructure Assistance
- Due Diligence Services for Property Owners Who Are Looking to Acquire New Assets
- State Agency File Review Contracting
- Syndicator File Review Compliance Contracting
INTERESTED IN COMPLIANCE TRAINING?
All our training courses are written and created specifically for what is needed in today’s ever-changing regulatory environment, our trainers keep everything simple, interesting and to the point. We believe that expertise can never be replaced, which is why our trainers are leaders in affordable housing. Our courses give clients the opportunity to learn through well-thought-out, actual property examples articulated in easy-to-understand materials. When expertise is paired with our commitment to customized training, we are the most convenient, affordable, and comprehensive training solution.
An interactive platform that incorporates the depth of in-person training with learner engagement and hands-on interaction available anytime you are.
Convenient and available anywhere, webinars allow a live trainer to teach and interact with participants in many locations at one time.
Bring an expert in-house, allowing for face-to-face interaction, personal anecdotes, and team training in one place.
SIGN UP FOR ONE OF OUR
Thur., Oct. 15, 2020 // 9-11 am CST – Fair Housing for Front Line Staff
Wed., Oct. 28th // 10 am-12 pm PT – Income Calculations in Times of Uncertainty: Move-ins, Annual Recertifications and Interim Certifications
Tue., Nov. 10, 2020 // 9-11 am CST – How to Detect Resident and Applicant Fraud
Nov. 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th // 10 am-1 pm CST – Comprehensive LIHTC Certification Online Prep Course with Specialist in Housing Credit Management® (SHCM®) Exam Option
ADDITIONAL TRAININGS WE OFFER
- FHC™ (NAHMA approved instructor)
- CPO™ (NAHMA approved instructor)
- 1-Day CPO™ (NAHMA approved instructor)
- BCD™ (NAHMA approved instructor)
- How to Detect Resident and Applicant Fraud (1/2 Day Class or 1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- Fair Housing Training for Front-line Staff (Full Day Class or 2.5 Hr. Webinar)
- Fair Housing for Maintenance (1/2 Day Class or 1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- Fair Housing Reasonable Accommodations and Hot Topics (1/2 Day Class or 2 Hr. Webinar)
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Training (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- 12-hour Comprehensive LIHTC with SHCM™ offering (NAHMA approved Proctor)
- LIHTC Special Rules (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- LIHTC Allocation & Development 101 (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- LIHTC Successfully Navigating Compliance after Year-15 (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- LIHTC Acquisition Rehab Resident Qualification Process and Tracking (For Site Level & Compliance Staff) (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- Basic LIHTC Compliance for Site Level Staff (2 Hr. Webinar)
- Preparing for a LIHTC Management Review (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- Preparing for a HUD Management and Occupancy Review (MOR) (Full Day)
- Basic Section 8 Occupancy Navigating the HUD Handbook 4350.3 (Full Day Class or as Multiple Webinar in 2-3 Chapter Segments)
- Overview of the HUD Contract Renewal Options (Full Day)
- Blended Occupancy (Section 8 Housing Credit and HOME) (Full Day)
- How to Navigate the Conflicts Between Multiple Affordable Programs Rules (2 Hr. Webinar)
- Developing a Property Budget the Really Works (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Plans for Bed Bugs (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- Screening Your Residents Without Being Too Restrictive (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- Resident File Set-up and Self Auditing (1/2 Day In-Person or 1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- Preventative Maintenance Plans (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
- Documenting Resident Violations (1.5 Hr. Webinar)
INTERESTED IN ENROLLING IN A COURSE?
MEET THE TRAINER: HEATHER (STAGGS) WEZENSKY
Heather is an expert in Fair Housing practices and affordable housing program compliance rules and regulations and holds various affordable designations and credentials such as the CPO™, FHC™, SHCM™ and AHM. She has first-hand insight into the latest affordable housing compliance trends all due to her years of on-site consulting work with multiple affordable housing programs, in addition to Heather and her team reviewing hundreds of resident files on a monthly basis.
Her ability to quickly comprehend the complex rules and regulations of the affordable housing industry, allows her to assist her clients across the country to stay compliant with not only state and federal governmental agency requirements, but also with national and local Fair Housing laws. Heather is a member of the National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA) and the past Chair of their Fair Housing Committee and is currently the incoming Chair of their Education and Training Committee, she also sits on the SHCM™ Special Advisory & Technical Committee. Heather was given the distinct honor of NAHMA’s Industry Achievement Award in 2019 and is a current NAHMA approved CPO™, BCD™ and FHC™ Instructor.